Course Date: Sunday 12 November 2023
Location: The Robertsbridge Club, Station Road, Robertsbridge, East Sussex, TN32 5DA
These courses are for absolute beginners and for people who’ve made a basket or two. They are held in a tranquil setting with nature all around us to fully reconnect and rewind. Full-day courses are £110, start at 09:30 and finish around 17:30.
Basket weaving is very therapeutic, as you are using head, heart and hands, bringing body and mind back in sync. Working in a group allows you to share experiences, bounce off ideas, so it’s also a great way to build new friendships. Truly refreshing for both mind and spirit.
What can I Expect?
- A relaxed time, immersing yourself in being creative with natural materials in a tranquil setting;
- A basket made out of different varieties of Somerset basketry willow;
- The step-by-step, easy to follow guidance from the start of your base until the finished product;
- You will learn ancient basketry techniques and explore other projects with the same use of techniques;
- Find out about cultivation and preparation of willow and hedgerow materials;
- Learn how to use tools provided and what to use if you don’t have those tools at home;
- Your lovely basket is made from 100% sustainable materials, the ethical, eco-friendly way; and
- All willow, use of tools (if you don’t like using your own), teas, coffees and fruit are included. I advise people to bring a packed lunch.
There is a maximum of six and a minimum of four participants per course.
It’s a fantastic time to spend with friends, but also really refreshing to share with like-minded people you’ve not met before.
Is this for me?
Over the years, people with disabilities, or who were thought to be lesser abled were still able to weave a basket. Not quite sure about your abilities, then just get in touch and I will assess to see whether it’s for you.
I try to organise the courses in rural locations; on farms for instance. This way, we have the benefits of nature around us to fully reconnect and rewild.
Please contact me for a more tailored experience.
Please note: A minimum of four delegates is required to run this course. Should bookings not reach the minimum number this course may be rescheduled. Please book your course a week-and-a-half before the course date to allow for the preparation to take place.