Course: Voucher to be used for any type of day course and any location, or for a basket of their choice.
About the Voucher:
These vouchers are for courses for absolute beginners and for people who’ve made a basket or two. Courses are held in a tranquil setting with nature all around us to fully reconnect and rewind. Half-day courses are £75, start at 10:00 or 13:30 and finish around 13:00 or 16:30.
You can personalise your gift voucher, adding the name of the receiver, meaningful text (and amount of your choice, if you want her to know this) and make it that little bit more special. The voucher would come in an email with an article and ad, which you can send on to the receiver. The article is all about what I do, and the ad tells something about my workshops and what can be expected during a course.
If you know that they wish to put it towards a basket, then the theme of the voucher will be baskets, instead of courses.
Upon booking, the participant provides the number on the voucher (bottom left).
The expiry date within which to use the voucher is one year.
About the Course:
What can I Expect?
- A relaxed time, immersing yourself in being creative with natural materials in a tranquil setting;
- A basket made out of different varieties of Somerset basketry willow;
- The step-by-step, easy to follow guidance from the start of your base until the finished product;
- You will learn ancient basketry techniques and explore other projects with the same use of techniques;
- Find out about cultivation and preparation of willow and hedgerow materials;
- Learn how to use tools provided and what to use if you don’t have those tools at home;
- Your lovely wreath is made from 100% sustainable materials, the ethical, eco-friendly way; and
- All willow, use of tools (if you don’t like using your own), teas, coffees and fruit are included. I advise people to bring a packed lunch.
There is a maximum of six and a minimum of four participants per course.
It’s a fantastic time to spend with friends, but also really refreshing to share with like-minded people you’ve not met before.
Basket weaving is very therapeutic, as you are using head, heart and hands, bringing body and mind back in sync. Working in a group allows you to share experiences, bounce off ideas, so it’s also a great way to build new friendships. Truly refreshing for both mind and spirit.
Is this for me?
Over the years, people with disabilities, or who were thought to be lesser abled were still able to weave a basket. Not quite sure about your abilities, then just get in touch and I will assess to see whether it’s for you.
I try to organise the courses in rural locations; on farms for instance. This way, we have the benefits of nature around us to fully reconnect and rewild.
Please contact me for a more tailored experience.
Please note: A minimum of four delegates is required to run this course. Should bookings not reach the minimum number this course may be rescheduled. Please book your course a week-and-a-half before the course date to allow for the preparation to take place.